Construction Foreman - Fixed Term
The incumbent will report directly to the Site Agent. Main purpose of this job is to ensure delivery of quality and affordable houses by monitoring quality and enforce workmanship during construction of houses from construction commencement to completion.
Key Performance Areas
- Quality Control all trades of the building process.
- Responsible for daily site planning and work scheduling.
- Supervise assigned contractors to ensure tasks are completed Safely and efficiently. Provide a high-quality, finished product in compliance with NHE Standards and requirements.
- Guarantee all Occupational Health and Safety precautions are met.
- Coordinate project supplies, resources, to ensure project are delivered on time.
- Prepare and submit for review: production, safety, time and other reports, as necessary.
- Read building plans, architectural drawings, and construction layouts.
- Knowledge of construction standards, SABS; building regulations; labour and Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of management of multiple construction trades
- Knowledge of construction material and methods
Skills and Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to read drawings and
- Planning & analytical skills
- Supervisory skills
- Negotiation and problem skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- Has completed a Grade 10 with National Trade Certificate 2 (NTC 2) ; with 10 years’ experience as competent tradesperson, who is familiar with all construction trades and methods with 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
Applicants should be Namibian citizens.
NHE is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive remuneration and benefits packages. People with disabilities meeting requirements are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted, and no documents will be returned.
September 7, 2020
Offer ended on September 7, 2020