Insurance Consultant (x1)
The incumbent reports directly to the Manager: Finance. He/she will coordinate, facilitate and administer overall all short-term and long-term insurance-related matters and issue related management reports.
Key Performance Areas
- Facilitate and administer both Long and short-term Insurance portfolio of the NHE;
- Ensure that NHE assets and other risks are appropriate covered and addressed;
- Controlling and Administering of NHE Assets Properties against risks (Multimark Policy);
- Controlling and administering of all Stated Benefits Claims;
- Facilitate and administer both Long and short-term Insurance claims on behalf of NHE;
- Coordinate and Administrate all claims of Bonded Houses
- Responsible for policy maintenance
- Acts as a liaison between client, NHE and insurance companies
- Assist in the development of policies for risk management and loss control
- Draft, review and maintain all insurance related policies and procedures
- Analyzes claims activities; prepares and presents reports to management and other internal business partners and clients.
- Responsible for input of data that accurately reflects claim circumstances and other information important to business outcomes.
- Provide training, communication and awareness to all employees and NHE Clients.
- Knowledge of insurance accounting practices
- Life and commercial insurance
- Up to date knowledge about insurance and financial markets
Skills and Behavioural Competencies:
- Proactive and efficient work ethic
- Planning and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organised, methodical approach
- Accuracy and attentive to detail
- Report writing skills
- Risk management knowledge
- The ability to gather and analyse information
- Administrative and computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work in a constantly evolving environment
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- B Degree in Business Administration/Finance/ Insurance/Risk Management PLUS a Certificate of Proficiency (CoP) or TETC or Introduction to Insurance.
- At least eight (8) years’ practical experience in commercial and life insurance environment
- Driver’s license (code B)
Finance, Head Office, Windhoek
January 27, 2021
February 18, 2021
Offer ended on February 18, 2021